Dozens of people were injured in an accident involving a truck, bus and multiple other vehicles in Secunda, Mpumalanga on Monday morning, 26 September.
AT LEAST ONE KILLED IN SECUNDA CRASH
A spokesperson for paramedic service ER24 said the accident occurred along Graceland Road outside Secunda early on Monday morning.
Upon arrival at the scene, ER24 and other first responders found a truck on its side, partially off the road, and a bus a distance away in a veld. Other vehicles involved in the crash were parked across the road.
“Local authorities began to close off the road while emergency services set up a triage area.
“On assessment, medics found four people in critical condition while more than fifty others had sustained minor to moderate injuries,” said ER24.
The injured patients were treated at the scene and those critically injured were provided with advanced life support before being transported to a hospital for treatment.
“It is understood that one critically injured patient succumbed to their injuries upon arrival at a hospital.
“The exact details surrounding this incident are unknown, but local authorities were on the scene for further investigations,” said the paramedic service.
- Photos: Hundreds march to Parliament over climate crisis
- Woodstock explosion: Both victims succumbed to their severe burn wounds
- Woodstock explosion: Gas ‘blanket’ likely saturated the shop and victims’ clothing
- Kuils River murder-suicide: Police investigate two counts of murder and an inquest
- Cape Town woman killed by shark at Plettenberg Bay beach
- Zimbabwean journo mugged in SA while investigating robberies
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.